I composed a soundscape for Teine Èiginn/Need Fire – an installation created by performer and artist Dougie Strang for the Hidden Door Festival 2015.
The teine èiginn or need fire was lit as part of a protective ritual, enacted during times of illness amongst people and/or livestock. Records show that the ritual was still in use in remote communities in the Scottish Highlands up until the end of the nineteenth century.
See and read more here.
Hidden Door Festival, King’s Stables Road, Edinburgh
Final Fling’s Day of the Dead Mini-Fest
Date: 2nd Nov 2013
Venue: GoMA, Glasgow
Please note: Adrian Howells is performing at an alternative Southside location
- 10 am – 12 noon – a shrine workshop with Greer Pester;
- 12 noon – 1 pm – Death Rattle performance in the portico;
- 2 pm – 4 pm – a Death Cafe – top floor workshop;
- 5 pm – 9 pm – Unburden – one to one with Adrian Howells;
- All day in the portico – Charnal House by Doug Strang
- HearAfter sound installation was previewed on 25th Oct and ran until 1st Dec 2013.
Many thanks to Katie Bruce and all at the Gallery of Modern Art